Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sugar Detox: Part 2

Now, I am the sort of person who believes in moderation. Sugar is no exception. So I bought natural forms of sugar... e.g. molasses, honey, maple syrup. Eating a moderate amount of those sypes of sugar would be healthier than processed sugar.

Have you ever looked for sugar in your food labels? Sugar is in everything! Even some canned veggies. Finding foods without sugar is much harder than I thought. I still did ok, though -  well, for a few weeks. Then the holidays came.

Every once in awhile, I think it is ok to break your diet. But doing so should be done cautiously, because as I have found out, it sometimes causes you to fall off the bandwagon. Well, guess who fell.

Though I am eating less sugar now, and using more natural forms, I have a ways to go. Eventually, I would like to cut it out completely for a week or two, just to try it. Until then, I will keep trying recipes and consume information! If anyone has a good bread recipe, please share... so far mine is disaster.

In the meantime, here is an interesting article about sugar: http://teambeachbody.com/about/newsletters/-/nli/203#87688777

1 comment:

Jules said...

I'd say for the most part, I do fairly well...except when there is birthday cake sitting around or when I'm at work I crave it more than I do at home. Although I have not gone to the extreme you have by checking all of my labels. I wonder if I could kick it completely for a couple of days like teambeachbody says. I'm sure I could if I set my mind to it. But it's not there yet. I have never really thought about it being in canned veggies.

Did you get hurt when you fell off the bandwagon? Hope you didn't bruise too bad. lol. silly me is'a leaving rt. now.